Start-Up India’ is a flagship initiative of the Government of India. It intends to build a strong eco-system for nurturing Innovation and Start-Ups in the Country, to derive sustainable economic growth and generate employment opportunities. Government policies are also encouraging Start-Ups by providing fiscal incentives.
GAIL intends to take-up investment in Start-Ups to give a boost to the Government’s efforts and also to derive long-term benefits.
Our Mission for Start-Up Initiative is to Identify, Invest and Nurture Start-Ups that can become successful companies in the long run and provide profitable returns from this diversification.
GAIL had launched its ambitious Start-Up initiative ‘Pankh’ in July’ 2017 to invest in promising Start-ups. GAIL has made investments in 28 Start-Ups operating in various Areas.
GAIL plans to invest in Start-Ups operating in the focus areas. A new Round has been opened by GAIL for Solicitation of Investment Proposals from Start-Ups operating specifically in the Focus Areas, which mainly includes natural gas, petrochemicals ,energy, project management, bio-manure marketing, Nano materials, IoT, data mining, environment, health and social . The Start-Ups that are interested in equity investment from GAIL can apply on our website gailonline.com. GAIL’s equity investment will be limited to 20% of the total equity of the Start-Up
Proposals are now solicited from Start-Ups operating in the Focus Areas.
GAIL would look at the following criteria while evaluating the Investment Proposals of Start-Ups:
- Experience of Founders in focus areas or its related business
- Stage of Start-Up
- Brief Synopsis of Proposal & Product / Services to be offered and targeted Customers
- Details of existing business / infrastructure
- Plans for business scale-up
- Funding from Incubation Centre, if any
- Current Valuation of the Company
- Details on Innovative / Unique features/propositions
- Market Size of Business
- Details of technical feasibility
- Details of business feasibility
- Details of risk anticipated for the proposed proposal
- Estimated project cost
- Investment amount sought from GAIL and the % Equity stake offered to GAIL
This Solicitation Round is open from 30th March 2021 to 30th May 2021
Selection Process for funding Start-Ups :
Selection of Start-Up Proposal shall be a 4-Stage Process:
- Eligibility Screening